Submissions are now OPEN for Sagebrush Review Volume XIV.
SUBMISSIONS DUE JANUARY 31ST, 2019
All college students may submit works of Poetry, Prose, Art, and Photography for consideration of publication in the University of Texas at San Antonio’s Literary and Arts Journal, Sagebrush Review Volume 14.
The theme for this volume is Persona. Submitters may choose to respond directly or indirectly to this theme, however, we will favor those submissions that pertain to “Persona” and the idea of alternate identities, personalities, or perceptions. Extreme creativity is welcome.
All submissions are eligible for the “Editor’s Choice” award in the categories of visual arts (art and photography) and writing (poetry and prose). The winner of the visual arts category will have his or her artwork featured as the volume’s cover; the winner of the writing category will be on the first page, with acknowledgement.
Note: We accept entries in languages other than English.
Please note our requirements:
- Submit work with a school email address.
- Include a cover letter with: genre; submitter’s name, address, telephone number, and email address; title(s) of work submitted; a brief biographical sketch that includes submitter’s current college or university (50 words or less); and the rights statement.
- All written works must be formatted in Microsoft Word (97/2000/XP) using 12 point font, Times New Roman.
- Art and photography must be submitted as JPEG images.
- Submitter’s name should not appear on any work submitted. The first page, the cover letter, should be the only page with any identifying information.
- Submit ONLY ONE WORD DOCUMENT PER GENRE. (For example, if three poems are included in a submission, submit all three poems on one word document.)
Print out this portion of the 2016-2017 submission guidelines, sign (may be electronic signature), scan, and send with submission(s). Submissions without RIGHTS accompanying the work will not be considered.
I certify that the work is original and that I am the creator and holder of the copyright. I certify that I am the sole copyright holder of the work submitted, and that it has not been previously published. Should it be accepted for publication by another publisher after submission, I will immediately inform Sagebrush Review via e-mail. By submitting the work to Sagebrush Review, I license Sagebrush Review the right to publish the work in Volume XII. The exclusivity of the Sagebrush Review right shall last for a period of time equal to Volume XII publication only. At the conclusion of this period of exclusivity, I may submit the work elsewhere for publication consideration. If the work is subsequently published in another forum, Sagebrush Review should be cited as the original publication.